Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
The Office of Diversity and Equality provides general guidance and oversight of statewide EEO compliance. The office develops standard procedures, monitors agency responsiveness and exercises investigative authority on behalf of the Office of the Secretary to address complaints of workplace harassment and discrimination in accordance to KRS 18.030.
In order to further promote statewide voluntary and proactive compliance, the EEO Coalition was formed. The EEO Coalition is an organized and purposeful network of support open to EEO coordinators across state government and pursues the following objectives:
- Promote equal employment opportunity in the Commonwealth through monitoring compliance with all federal and state laws
- Streamline processes and provide resources for alternative dispute resolution to promote employee empowerment and conflict management
- Increase accountability to state employees by conducting timely investigations with personal and professional integrity
- Provide ongoing educational and training opportunities for State EEO Coordinators and EEO Counselors
- Provide annual training & assessments to all state employees re: the Commonwealth’s EEO policies and enforcement
The Office of Diversity & Equality manages the EEO Coalition's activities which seeks to develop functional solutions through innovation, collaboration and education.
State employees are encouraged to express their concerns regarding existing or potential barriers or prohibitions to equal employment opportunity due to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation or gender identity, ancestry, age, disability, political affiliation, genetic information or veteran status in accordance with state and federal laws. EEO assistance is available by contacting your agency EEO Coodinator/Counselor (DOC - 125KB) or the Office of Diversity and Equality at (502) 564-8000.
||Policies & Regulations