Workforce planning is the systematic process for identifying and addressing the gaps between the workforce of today and the human resource needs of tomorrow. It provides the foundation for strategic human resource decisions. As with any planning, this process draws together program management, human resources, budgeting, and program staff. In developing a workforce plan, organizations should systematically address the issues driving change.
Workforce planning will assist agencies in dealing with not only the mass exodus due to retirement in 2008, but planning beyond 2008 as well.
Benefits of Workforce Planning
- Improves organizational responsiveness, effectiveness and efficiency
- Retains critical skills
- Staffs critical positions
- Facilitates knowledge transfer
- Focuses employee development and training
- Makes realistic staffing projections for budgeting
Specific information is provided in the Workforce Planning Information on the right side of the screen. If you have additional questions, please contact Wes Swarner (502) 564-7455 ext. 227