Phase Two: Plan
The strategic plan presents the opportunity to focus on solving problems, increasing productivity, efficiency, and effectiveness in daily operations. A strategic plan is your essential scheme.
The planning progress is through an orderly sequence that allows the team to:
- implement priorities.
It is important to have roundtable discussions for getting input and consensus about critical issues and possible improvements.
||Process Steps for the Planning Phase
|1. Identify Motivating Long-Range Goals
To reflect priorities established in your vision:
- Test goals against the reality of your business environment.
- Determine whether it is possible to achieve your goals within a reasonable timeframe.
- Decide whether they are worth pursuing and whether they give you what you really want.
|2. Identify Performance Objectives
- specific steps to the achievement of your long-range goals
- intentions that convert to performance activities.
|3. Identify Performance Indicators that Measure each Objective
Performance indicators are tools to:
- benchmark your progress toward your goals
- assess the effectiveness of performance.
- What fundamental policy decisions must we make?
- What values and principles must guide our decisions?
- What actions are required to implement them?
- What are our priorities; what resources will we need?
- What will be the impact on our target groups or customers?
- How will we know that it is worthwhile?