The Kentucky Safety Program and the Personnel Cabinet are pleased to sponsor blood drives throughout the year for the Kentucky Blood Center.
Read more in the Employee Handbook.
2021 Blood Donation Opportunities
All locations listed below are in Frankfort, KY
- 1 Kentucky Blood Center Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife
- 1 Kentucky Blood Center Mayo Underwood
- 1 Kentucky Blood Center Centralized Lab
- 6 Kentucky Blood Center Kentucky State Police Records and Technology
- 3 Kentucky Blood Center Kentucky State Capitol
- 3 Kentucky Blood Center Kentucky Higher Education Assistance Authority
- 12 Kentucky Blood Center Transportation Cabinet
- 19 Kentucky Blood Center Personnel Cabinet
- 3 Kentucky Blood Center Mayo Underwood
- 8 Kentucky Blood Center Kentucky State Police Records and Technology
- 10 Kentucky Blood Center Centralized Lab
Know Before You Go
- Employees can receive four hours of leave time with pay for donating and recuperating from donating blood.
- The donation must occur during an employee's scheduled work day, and does not include the lunch period.
- Leave time should be taken at the time of donation unless circumstances, as specified by the supervisor, require the donor to return to work. In this case, the unused portion of leave time will be credited as compensatory time.
- Agencies should notify their employees of individual blood donation policies.
- Donations can be made at any licensed blood center certified by the Food and Drug Administration.
- Prior supervisory approval is needed as well as verification after the blood donation.
- Employees deferred from donating shall not be charged for the time used in attempting to donate, but will not receive the four hours leave time as those who donate.
- For questions regarding the blood donation policy, contact the Office of Employee Relations at 502.564.9653
For questions about donating blood, contact
Kentucky Blood Center at 800.775.2522
Appointments to donate may be scheduled through the Kentucky Blood Center’s website at
For more information on the Kentucky Blood Center's enhanced donation procedures, please view the following document: KBC COVID-19 Safety Info for Donors
American Red Cross at 800.733.2767
Appointments to donate may be scheduled through the American Red Cross' website at