Many state employees are also children of aging parents. KEAP has developed a handbook that covers many topics in the area of eldercare. Below is the Table of Contents for the handbook
Facing the Challenges of Eldercare.
- Knowing when your parent needs help
- Education and Planning
- Communicating with your parent
- Forming a team
- Determining what's needed
- Helping stay at home
- Living with you
- Assisted living
- Residential care
- Locating Specific Resources
- Legal and Financial Concerns
- Health & Practical care tips
- Work and caregiving
- Care for the caregiver
Contact the staff at KEAP at 502.564.5788 or 800.445.5327 to receive a copy.
CHFS Department for Aging and Independent Living provides additional resources that offer information about programs and services for the aging and people with disabilities. Click
here to be directed to their page.