Congratulations to the 2019 class of the GMMTP
Governor's Minority Management Trainee Program (GMMTP)
Created in 1995, the Governor's Minority Management Trainee Program (GMMTP) is a twelve-month transformational leadership development program designed to provide guidance and leadership development opportunities for minority employees in the merit system. A flagship program, the GMMTP has garnered respect and attention as a model for retaining and promoting minorities within state government. The 2021 class of the GMMTP is serving as a pilot for the Personnel Cabinet’s virtual leadership program.
The GMMTP was created to develop exceptional leaders by providing opportunities to continually learn, improve performance and excel in their department/agency. The GMMTP will help develop individual potential to solve emerging workforce issues as they pertain to state government. GMMTP participants strive to be:
The GMMTP Program is open to Merit employees in the Executive Branch. Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Be an ethnic minority as defined below: Hispanic or Latino, Black or African American, Asian, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, American Indian or Alaska Native, Two or More Races.
- Have at least one (1) year of state government service
- Currently in a grade 12 job classification or higher
Each Cabinet will have the opportunity to select two minority candidates for the program. There will also be a limited number of slots available for employees who work in the General Government Cabinet. Selected candidates must be minorities who currently manage or supervise an organizational unit, manage a state project or state government program, or show significant leadership potential.
The target date to begin the application/selection process is June 2021.
- Completed online application, including:
- Letter of recommendation
- One professional reference
- Four personal reflection essays
- Resume/CV showing a minimum of one year of state government service
- Be an ethnic minority as defined above
- Earn a respected Leadership Program certificate
- Complete online courses through our unique and engaging MyPURPOSE online learning platform
- Strengthen professional connections and enjoy networking opportunities
COMING SOON 2020-2021 GMMTP information!