Congratulations to the 2019 class of the GMMTP
Governor's Minority Management Trainee Program (GMMTP)
The Governor's Minority Management Trainee Program (GMMTP) is a flagship program designed in 1995 to provide guidance and leadership development opportunities for minority employees within our state government enterprise. GMMTP has garnered respect and attention from benchmark states, as a model for retaining and promoting minorities within government. This program will aide in developing individual potential to solve emerging workforce issues as they pertain to state government. GMMTP is a two year transformational leadership development program.
GMMTP is designed to:
- Recruit exceptional minority employees interested in furthering their career in state government.
- Enhance the skills and leadership potential of those enrolled.
- Engage participants in an exploration of leadership in state government
- Provide participants with opportunities to network
- Receive additional career mentoring and coaching from public and private sector professionals
- Perform community service, and
- Develop a professional portfolio.
GMMTP Program is open to employees in all Executive Branch Cabinets and Constitutional Offices. Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Be an ethnic minority of African, Hispanic, Asian, Indian or Native American descent
- Have one (1) year of state government service
- Qualify for a grade 10 job classification or higher
- Receive recommendation from their Cabinet Secretary
- Aspire to be a manager and demonstrate exceptional management potential
COMING SOON 2020-2021 GMMTP information!
Agency Liaison Listing