Holidays and Leave
Team members receive eleven and a half paid holidays each year, in addition to monthly sick, annual, compensatory leave, and a number of special leave options.
- Monday, January 18, 2016 - Martin Luther King, Jr.'s Birthday
- One-half day, Friday, March 25, 2016 - Good Friday
- Monday, May 30, 2016 - Memorial Day
- Monday, July 4, 2016 - Independence Day
- Monday, September 5, 2016 - Labor Day
- Tuesday, November 8, 2016 - Presidential Election
- Friday, November 11, 2016 - Veterans Day
- Thursday & Friday, November 24-25, 2016 - Thanksgiving
- Friday, December 23 & Monday, December 26, 2016 - Christmas
- Friday, December 30, 2016 & Monday, January 2, 2017 - New Year's
State employees enjoy the benefit of many types of leave. Leave can be paid or unpaid. Some examples of leave include: annual, sick, compensatory (also known as 'comp'), and even family medical leave.