Holidays and Leave
Team members receive eleven and a half paid holidays each year, in addition to monthly sick, annual, compensatory leave, and a number of special leave options.
- Wednesday, January 1, 2014 New Year's Day
- Monday, January 20, 2014 - Martin Luther King, Jr.'s Birthday
- One-half day, Friday, April 18, 2014 - Good Friday
- Monday, May 26, 2014 - Memorial Day
- Friday, July 4, 2014 - Independence Day
- Monday, September 1, 2014 - Labor Day
- Tuesday, November 11, 2014 - Veterans Day
- Thursday & Friday, November 27-28, 2014 - Thanksgiving
- Thursday & Friday, December 25-26, 2014 - Christmas
- Thursday, January 1, 2015 & Friday, January 2, 2015 New Year's
State employees enjoy the benefit of many types of leave. Leave can be paid or unpaid. Some examples of leave include: annual, sick, compensatory (also known as 'comp'), and even family medical leave.